Friday 5 June 2015

Finalized my Sudoku Solver project.

So finally, I was able to solve a few Sudoku problems from newspapers using my program. The Sudoku solving algorithm seems fool-proof till now yet image-processing not satisfactory to me.
You may look out for my project in the CustomizationOfGrid branch of following link to GitHub here. Don't forget to view README.md.

Following are raw ideas of my image-processing script :
1. Cropping the image by finding the corners of the cleared border image.
2. Straightening by finding mean corners.
3. Perform Contrast enhancement, Connected components analysis and filter.
4. Setting up ROIs for each Sudoku cell and prompt menu to adjust ROI manually if found incorrectly placed w.r.t. the number in cell or surrounding cell.
5. Perform OCR.
6. For characters below certain Confidence levels print 'x' and the user must amend to it.

Don't forget to comment any better methods to image process such images of puzzles.


No comments:

Post a Comment