Friday 12 June 2015

Where should you start to image-process?

If you are interested in image-processing, download MATLAB from torrents. Probably it is the only place you can get it for free. But the problem is you don't get hardware support packages cracked. So if you want to start anew, start with OpenCV. I will be soon moving to OpenCV because it is open-source.
For tutorials, you can go through,
1. https://www.youtube.com/playlist…
The above playlist covers only very simple basics that will comfort you with the environment. The key is MATLAB documentation. Open up an example go through it and search for every function, read its syntax and what it does.
The problem with this project is it is not very robust. It will occasionally pick noises or wipe out a number from Sudoku image. My image processing techniques work but they ain't fool-proof. To counter that I have provided a manual correction method within the code.

You scroll down the blog what problems were faced earlier, what alternate solutions I came with, why I discarded some etc.

Right now, I am working on a Finger controlled Ping Pong game, integrating C and MATLAB. Till now I am successful to object track and make a ping-pong game in C. Will soon integrate them and blog. Feel free to share your views. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment